Watch the August 2016 Winning Short Story Reading.
Reading Performed by actor Julian Ford
Thoughts of a Soldier by Cornelia Fick
Get to know the winning writer:
1. What is your 1pg Short Story about?
‘Thoughts of a soldier’ is about a fictitious war during the struggle to overthrow apartheid.
2. What genres would you say this short story is in?
This is a literary story, experimenting with punctuation.
3. How would you describe this story in two words?
4. What movie have you seen the most in your life?
I’ve seen ‘Gone with the wind’ a number of times.
5. How long have you been working on this story?
I wrote this story long ago and kept returning to it to refine it. Finally, I worked on it during my MA Creative Writing degree at Rhodes University and perfected it (I hope).
6. Do you have an all-time favorite novel?
View original post 231 more words